Saturday, May 3, 2008

Snow???

April 30, 2008 Snow? Well it did snow, but since it was the end of April it didn't stick. We definitely got hit with rain, hail, sleet and a bit of snow. I thought April was supposed to go out like a lamb?? I posted a picture of my poor flowers and the hail actually. You probably won't be be able to see much because the picture is too small, but the flower beds were covered with hail. We had a 40 degree drop in temperature within 1 day but now we are steadily trying to get back up there.


Lizzy had school the morning of the cold, and decided that it would be best if she wore a sundress and sandals. The other sad part is that it was picture day at school and she had picked out this dress and shoes way in advance. So what does a mother do? I of course let her wear her dress, bundled her up in her winter coat and boots and took her to school. She wasn't very happy about the boots and kept telling me that "it was spring Mommy, not winter" but she wore them anyhow. Luckily it was warm enough inside so she could take off the sweater and get her pictures taken in the dress she wanted. Mind you, she is only 4 (well just about). Can you imagine what her early teens will be like?? That afternoon when we got home she just sat down in the chair and said "Mommy, I want to go outside. there is nothing to do inside.." Not like we didn't just spend the entire winter inside!!! Oh how we forget. Here is a picture of her, I'm guessing contemplating what she can do to get into trouble since we are stuck inside :)

Today was a beautiful day. It was in the mid 60's and we were all able to get outside. I'm working on getting my garden in for the spring, and pulling weeds. I was so happy this winter when all of the snow fall, and rain, I thought it was going to be a great year for all the flowers, and grass. Well it is, flowers are in full bloom and the grass is super green, unfortunately the weeds are too!!! So I've got a big job ahead of myself. Wish me luck!! Robert has been busy as well, he is making a gate in our back fence that goes to the back neighbors house. We (us and our neighbors) decided it would be better than having a broken fence (or arm/leg for that matter) Maybe the kids will not try to crawl over now! :) Lizzy is very excited about the gate. She however thinks it's an open invitation so we will have to work on that, but at least she doesn't have to hear me say "I'm right in the middle of something, can I walk you there later" Now if invited she can go right over. I think it will be a good improvement.

No comments: