Monday, May 5, 2008

My poor baby

I think I have officially won the bad mom of the year award. Today was a crazy day, school, playing, dance, outside taking some CUTE pictures... and trauma!!


My 3 (well almost 4) year old baby is now missing a front tooth!! This afternoon I was outside talking with one of my neighbors and Lizzy went to play with her kids for 5 minutes, while my neighbor and I chatted. No biggie, she goes over there often. I knew that only the "big kids" were out there playing but she was having a great time picking and bring them flowers and flirting with the boys (she is a big flirt recently). They have a trampoline, however theirs does not have any pads or nets. She never goes on their tramp, we have one and she has plenty of access to it (it has pads and a net) so when she goes to play she wants to play other kid games. But today, not so. Apparently she went back there and got on their tramp. She asked one of the older kids to get on it with her, and after 1 jump wham... no tooth!! I ran back to see what happened and my poor baby looked up at me (after receiving some help from the neighbors dad) and her mouth was gushing blood. I nearly passed out. This is NOT supposed to happen to my baby. I looked into her mouth to find out what was bleeding so much and no tooth. It took a while to get the bleeding and the screaming stopped. Once we got that under control she was more concerned because she felt she had done something wrong and that we couldn't find her tooth. She kept saying "I'm sorry Mommy! I didn't mean to break my tooth. please fix it!!" What a heart breaker, I hate that she had to feel bad that it happened, AND that I couldn't fix it. Her other big concern is that she thinks we won't let her back on our tramp. She keeps telling me that "our has a net and pads so it's OK right?" I am feeling sorry for myself I'm sure, but I feel just awful. Completely awful. I am definitely feeling like a bad mom today. There doesn't seem to be any broken pieces left in there but, We will be off to the dentist in the morning to find out what we can do. Hopefully they can put some kind of spacer or something in there. I can't imagine her going for 2 years with a missing tooth.

So if you are feeling like you are a bad mom for something, think of me!!

No comments: