Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Tooth Fairy came!!!

After our traumatic afternoon yesterday, some "good" came out of it. Good being relative of course. When I called the dentist this morning they wanted me to bring her right in. Apparently in most cases where a baby tooth is knocked out part of the tooth or root is still in the gum and can cause issues with the adult teeth. After that I was thinking, oh lord, it's going to be a rough day!! They are going to have to go in and pull the roots out!! Luckily when we got in and they took xrays the found that she knocked the tooth clean out. No sign of broken tooth or roots. So we just have to wait until it heals and see if she is having a speech issue or her teeth are moving. If either of those two we will need to put some kind of place holder in.

On a happy note for Lizzy, the tooth fairy made a visit to our house last night. Just before she went to bed she asked the tooth fairy that when she came, she would like her to bring some balloons. She said that balloons always make her feel better. So last night after her bed, I had to go get balloons! we did give her a few coins under her pillow as well. She was very happy this morning, and today, it's like nothing happened. She is her happy cheery self.



I myself am still feeling a little sad about it but I suppose in time I will get over it. I just hate when anything happens to my baby. (gee, can you tell she is an only child?? ha)

1 comment:

Diana said...

We love the tooth fairy at our house - way to make the best of the situation. I just hate it when my mommy magic can't take the hurt away or make it all better. Good Luck!